Big Bend Community Based Care was created in 2002 as a direct response to Florida's Legislature and Department of Children and Families initiative to improve child welfare services by developing solutions to care for children and families in their home communities.
As the lead agency for 12 counties of the Big Bend region, Big Bend Community Based Care serves as the central location from which partner agencies can draw resources and support. Big Bend Community Based Care is proud to offer hands-on support to all of our foster and adoptive parents, volunteers and case managers. Far from being just an administrative office, we strive to get to know our children and families so we can provide them with the individualized attention they need.At Big Bend Community Based Care we believe that all children have the right to grow up safe, healthy and fulfilled in families that love and nurture them.
At Big Bend Community Based Care our sole purpose is to provide the highest quality child welfare, substance abuse and mental health services to children, adults and their families within their communities through a managed network of accredited providers.
Our vision is to create local ownership and effective integration of the child welfare and substance abuse mental health systems in each of our 18 communities. By doing so, we believe that the quality of life for children, adults and families we serve will dramatically improve, resulting in personal independence and stronger communities.
We focus on the following Core Values to guide us in our work:
- Empower all persons served
- Respect the caregivers of children
- Be innovative and dedicated to excellence
- Be ethically, socially and culturally responsible
- Promote family and personal responsibility
- Partner with community and faith-based organizations to foster open and collaborative relationships
- Earn the trust and respect of our partners, customers and the public by providing exceptional customer service while practicing sound fiscal stewardship
- Employ an analytic and systemic approach to planning and performance management
- Facilitate a work environment that encourages professional growth and development
Giving Every Child a Chance
In the Big Bend region there are over 2,500 children receiving In-Home and Out-of-Home services on any given day. Many of these families are coping with domestic violence, delinquent behavior, parental drug and alcohol abuse or mental health problems. When adults are unable to provide children with a healthy home environment, the consequences are enormous. At Big Bend Community Based Care our sole purpose is to provide the highest quality child welfare prevention and intervention services to children and their families within their communities. Our vision is to create local ownership of the child protection system in each of our communities. By doing so, the quality of life for the children and families we serve will dramatically improve and the incidences of child maltreatment will decrease.